Adamas Education Pink Genius (AEPG): Project No. 1
Topic: Effect of Highly Competitive Environment on Student’s Learning
- To highlight copetition as an integral part of 21st century civilizations.
- To reveal how unhealthy competition, growing pressure of performance, fear of failure and irregular sleeping patterns are turning students into victims of stress, anxiety, depression and panic-attacks.
- To also focus on the increasing number of suicides and suicidal tendencies among students.
- To bring the issue of parental problem and how they thrust their expectations on their children, making the children feel pressurized.
- To identify that high grades may not necessarily mean high level of intelligence.
- To derive examples from famous movies like ‘Cholo Paltai’, ‘Three Idiots’, ‘Kota Factory’ and from famous personalities like Rabindranath Tagore, Einstein, Amrita Pritam, etc.
- To elucidate how healthy competition is directed towards the enhancement of one’s self-esteem, self-potential and aspiration.
- Parental Pressure will be decreased.
- Parents will be aware of their Child’s interest area.
- It will give a correct message to the students, parents and teachers who focus on marks and grades more than constructive learning.
- It will motivate them to deal with anxiety and stress caused by the educational institution and pressure of syllabus.
Plan of Work:
- We have planned to make self-videos depicting the social issues we are focusing on.
- We have planned to insert a few interviews taken from students of class 3 to 10.
- We have planned to incorporate a video clip from a movie.
- We have planned to draw a few animated pictures that would be presented through the video.
- We have also written a motivational poetry focusing on the aspects of education.