Department of Education, Adamas University provides professional and general courses to diversified multicultural students from various echelons of the society through an elite outstanding infrastructure, cutting edge technology and evolutionary educational experiences. With sagaciously crafted curricula and faculties of highest possible standard and ground breaking research initiatives, we vigorously endeavors to improve learning and teaching to help the students, educators, parents, institutions and policy- makers to envision a dynamic and exquisite future. We are inclined to furnish the students with specialized knowledge in association with real classroom teaching experience and value added courses to prepare them for a well crafted balanced life.
- Department of Education, Adamas University aspires to be a pioneer Teacher Education Institution at the State as well as in the country by actualizing national goals, academic excellence, mentoring, innovation and collaboration.
- Department of Education, Adamas University aims to be a world-leading intellectual hub of Education by earning national and international recognitions through academic excellence, innovative curriculum integration, reflective practice, leadership, collaboration, creativity, students’ support services and professional orientation.
- Department of Education, Adamas University desires to be a leading research-intensive centre of Education that consistently responds to dynamic social needs through application of knowledge, innovation and development.
- To orient total teaching-learning practice in the line of Outcome Based Education.
- To collaborate with other stakeholders of Education within and outside the University for the development of SoE.
- To plan and implement community involvement programs like literacy campaign , cleanliness drive, environmental sustainability development programs, rain water harvesting, visiting old age homes, visiting orphanages and establish its role in society as a responsible centre.
- To offer self directed tasks including case studies, project works, seminars, conferences, assignments, collaborative projects and multilevel engagement with fields (students, teachers, administrators) to make student-teachers to be acquainted with modern teaching practice.
- Department of education acts as an important agency in Teacher Education.
- Department of Education plays a vital role in imparting Teacher Education.
- Department of Education initiates Curriculum Innovation & Innovative way of imparting Teacher Education.
- Department of Education encourages Teaching, Learning, Research and Innovative Activities.
- CANVAS an international learning management system for the students as well as faculties
- TCS Ion & Asc Timetable as attendance and evaluation trackers.
- Excellent Campus
- Excellent Learning Opportunity
- Excellent Exposure – National and International
- Best and Experienced Faculty
- Mentorship system
- Modern Approaches to Teaching
- Well Equipped Laboratories
- Good Library Facility with a Central Library and e-library learning experience
- Scope for Research
- 24 × 7 Barrier free campus
- Soft Skills Development in collaboration with School of Professional Studies
- Continuous Lecture Session by eminent Teacher Educators
- Community Outreach Activities
- Counseling of Students (if required)
- Supportive and Cordial Environment
- Teaching, Learning and Innovation
- Pre-Service and In-service Training
- Faculty Development and Upgradation
- Research Hub
- Linkage with various Schools and Colleges and Teacher Education Institutions
- World class Leaders in Educational Arena
Dr. Prarthita Biswas
Head Of Department
Department of Education, School of Education
- Associate Prof. & Head of the Dept., School of Education, Adamas University
- Member, Academic Council
- D. Convener, School of Education, Adamas University
- Research Centre Co-coordinator: Centre for Education, Research and Development
- School Point of Contact (SPOC) of Incubation and Innovation Cell,Adamas University
- SPOC, Planning and Monitoring Dept.,Adamas University
Dr. Prarthita Biswas, M.A.(History & Education),M.Ed., M.Phil, Ph.D.(Education) is a teacher educator and a distinguished author in the field of teacher education. She is at present the Head of the Dept. & Associate Professor of the School of Education of Adamas University. Previously she has served as a Principal of Pailan College of Education (A NAAC Accredited B+ College) under the banner of Pailan Group of Institutions, Joka, and Kolkata. Recently, she has been awarded as the Best Academician Award by Bengal Journalist Welfare Trust in their Annual Educational and Cultural Program in Bolpur, Shantiniketan. She has also been awarded with the prestigious “Best Professor Award” by International Education Awards&Kites in the year 2020 as well as the “Best Researcher Award” awarded by Adamas University in the year 2020.
Dr. Biswas’s research experience spans for over 10+ years. She has been awarded by the prestigious South Asian Scholarship grant by the Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, Tokyo, Japan in the year 2015 for her outstanding research paper. She has more than eighteen years of teaching experience in reputed schools, colleges and in University level.
Dr.Biswas has taken numerous initiatives for the department of Education like organizing special talks, organizing workshops and seminars as well as webinars for the welfare of the students and for the department. Dr. Biswas has written several books on teacher education. At present she is supervising four scholars under her in the Department of Education.She is working in a joint project with the Dept. of Special Education, Stockholm University.Dr. Biswas, has authored several text books of Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) level. She also presented a number of research papers both in National as well as International levels. She has chaired several sessions in International and National Seminars. She has published several research papers in high impact international journals and presented her work in a number of national and international conferences around the world. She is regularly invited in national and international seminars, conferences, symposiums and webinars. She is the Editorial Board Member and reviewer of reputed journals in national and international levels. She is also the invited member of various reputed academic bodies of higher education as well as research domain. She was also the leader and facilitator of “Jagriti Yatra 2013”-A National Entrepreneurship Development Programme. (http://www.jagritiyatra.com). She has received formal training in Rabindra sangeet music also
The Adamas-Teacher Education (TE) Advantage
- Dynamic &Industry Ready Curriculum
Innovative and academic-industry endorsed curriculum in accordance with NCTE standardsbest suited for students who have varied academic interests geared towards preparing ambitious minds for diverse and dynamic careers in education and beyond.
- Student Mentoring System
Every student has access to rich and diverse faculty with a broad spectrum of industry experience who provide continuous mentorship via Q&A and one-on-one sessions, email guidance and more.
- Beyond Classroom Learning
Cutting-edge teaching methodologies including case studies, field studies, seminar presentation and e-learning that is supplemented with internships, community outreach projects and cross disciplinary resource library.
- National and International Exposure
Seminars, webinars, workshops and exchange programs held at the national and international levels with renowned educationists that emphasize skill-building and special training by instructing students in higher classes meeting the objective of delivering holistic and experiential learning.
- Facilities & Infrastructure
Adamas University provides a unique 120 acres campus experience to its students through its state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge infrastructure.
- Career Development
The Career Development Cell (CDC) at Adamas regularly organizes recruitment drives with various service industries, core sector organizations, PSUs, and well-known private establishments.