Introduction to the course:
This is 2 years post-graduate degree course program with four semesters. The curriculum is based on the CBCS system. When M.A. in Education is achieved, the degree holders often go on to work as school administrators, teachers/ lecturers, adult educators, higher education instructors, corporate trainers, curriculum developers or any number of other education-related positions. Students may also use it as a stepping stone towards a doctoral program.
What are the learning outcomes?
Upon completion of the MA in Education program, learners will be able to:
• Critically evaluate contemporary issues and trends influencing the field of education.
• Help in character building and develop integrity & values.
• Develop leadership skills, a concept of self-awareness, self-management, trustworthiness and a spirit of enquiry.
• Identify relevant research studies, read those critically and evaluate those appropriately.
• Conduct applied/action research to identify and solve an organizational problem, design and conduct a study using appropriate methodologies.
• Analyze data and draw reasonable conclusions with sound recommendations.
• Select and effectively utilize technologies for professional development and for enhancing learning.
• Establish effective professional relationships with a wide range of individuals in their workplace and become caring towards each other.
The curriculum is based on CBCS system. It offers a variety of choices such as Core Courses, Discipline Specific Electives and Generic Electives
GE*- Generic Elective courses mentioned above are for the students of other departments. The students of M.A./M.Sc. in Education should opt for Generic Electives from other departments.
Elective courses are offered under the main discipline of study is referred to as Discipline Specific Elective. The list is already provided in the structure under this category and candidates are required to choose courses according to their choices based on their expertise, specialization, requirements, scope and need.
Lab Infrastructure (if applicable):
• Educational Psychology Lab: Psychological tests materials along with its measurement are available in the laboratory for practical purposes.
• Computer Lab: Well equipped computer laboratory (sharing with School of Professional Studies).
Students will need to work on a dissertation/project in the fourth semester. The dissertation/project will be based on any current topic or social problem. Relevant data will be collected by each student and the findings and suggestions will be given in order to solve social and educational problems.
Placement & Career Opportunities / Research Opportunities
Students would get enough scope to act as professional counselor in schools, educational consultants as well as they would be able to take teaching profession as career in school, college and university levels as well as in Teacher’s Training Institutions (if qualified NET/SET). Students would get enough scope to get jobs in Educo-administrative level and they would be more eligible for appearing at different types of govt. services and non-governmental institutions. Candidates who have interest in this education field may also do M.Phil. or Ph.D. Course in Education for professional upliftment as well as to develop their competency, ability and skills in Research.
Some of the job positions related to this degree includes:
• School Counselor
• Instructional Technologists
• Educational Administrator
• Principal/ Head Teacher
• Educational Consultant
• Educational Policy Developer
• Academic Content Writer
• Child Care Director
• School Teacher
• Lecturer in College/ University
• Lecturer in Teacher Education Institutions
• Project Fellow or Research Fellow
• ICDS Employment
• School Inspector
• NGO Worker
Minimum 50% aggregate in 10th or equivalent examination, Minimum 50% aggregate 10 +2 or equivalent from any recognized board and Minimum 50% aggregate in Hons. Graduate in Education & any Graduate from any disciplines with B.Ed. from any recognised University in India or abroad.
Duration (in Year): 2