Introduction to the course:
This is 3 years degree course program with six semesters. The curriculum is based on the CBCS system. Students can get a broader outlook of the subject with knowledge, affection and skills. The curriculum is comprehensive in nature. The course offers a rich variety of subjects taught by a wide range of teachers. Many subjects are team-taught by teachers. The course incorporates a variety of modes of learning and teaching. B.A Education Honours gives a student new skills and knowledge to develop and enhance his/her career. Different types of skills related to job can be nurtured within the students through learning by doing, field engagement and presentation activities. Skills of counseling are also developed through this program.
What are the learning outcomes?
By doing the BA Education Honours course, a student will soon be forced out of his/her comfort zone and learn how to deal with the latest issues. This program will give students the opportunity to constantly challenge and push them in order to continuously improve themselves.
• Students will become a graduate.
• Students will develop advanced critical thinking skills, inclusive of information literacy.
• Students will develop teaching attitude.
• Students will develop as an educational counsellor.
• Students will develop abilities for further education.
• Students will develop exceptional textual, visual, and verbal communication abilities.
• Students will have the ability to use, analyze and learn communication technologies.
• Students will develop priceless managerial skills.
• Students will experience a new place and culture during their studies.
• Students will build and maintain relationships to develop values.
The curriculum is based on CBCS system according to the guidelines provided by the UGC. The CBCS provides an opportunity for the students to choose courses from the prescribed courses comprising core (CC), elective (DSE & GE) and skill based courses (AECC & SEC).
• Educational Psychology Lab: Psychological tests materials along with its measurement are available in the laboratory.
• Computer Lab: Well equipped computer laboratory (sharing with School of Professional Studies).
There is no provision of internship or project work in B.A. Honours in Education course.
Placement & Career Opportunities / Research Opportunities: Graduates in this field, can work in areas like central and state government departments, museums, school teaching, community and voluntary organizations, social services, the police and probation services and official jobs in schools, colleges and universities. They may also get opportunities with both private and public sectors in a range of careers such as retail management, HR, publishing, market and policy research, career guidance and education psychology. Candidates who have interest in this education field may also do Masters Course in Education or a related Social science in order to develop their understanding in research, theory, and policies of Education and also to enhance their interpersonal skills and professional knowledge.
Some of the job positions related to this degree includes:
• Education administrator
• Learning mentor
• Primary and Upper-Primary school teacher (untrained)
• Higher Secondary school teacher (untrained)
• Teaching assistant
• Play therapist
• Family support worker
• Museum education officer
• Career Guide
• Academic content writer
50% overall in 10+2